You can loose weight naturally with these easy steps:
- By decreasing portions and eating the right foods more frequently you can maximize your calorie burning and discourage the storage of fat.
- If you exercise regularly you can not only build muscle but also burn fat. Thirty minutes of aerobic exercise in the morning can benefit because your body has already begun to burn fat while you are sleeping. Exercising boosts your metabolism and it will remain elevated for hours. If you add strength training to your exercise plan then you will burn fat and build lean tissue. The growth of lean tissue will burn more calories in your body and will aid in your weight loss.
- If you set a goal and have a plan to reach it, you are more likely to do so. If you are consistent with your goal you can break food habits that you had in the past.
Healthy eating tips:
- Be sure to take an optimal amount of multivitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Avoid trans-fats. Out of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, fats are the least filling. With every bite of fatty food, you consume more calories than a carbohydrate or protein rich food. With fatty foods you feel less satisfied and it is easier to over eat.
- Try to avoid a lot of foods with a High Glycemic Index, such as sugar, white bread, refined flour, and white potatoes. These foods can cause elevations in blood sugar, and also drops in blood sugar. Lower blood sugar makes you tired, irritable, and hungry. Eat more colorful plant foods and you will have fewer cravings for food. You should eat foods like whole grain wheat or rye bread, low fat dairy, fresh fruit, white fish, egg substitutes, skinless chicken, fresh vegetables, and low fat soup. These foods contain a Low Glycemic Index, which causes a moderate rise in blood sugar.
- If you eat a lot of plant foods in their natural state, they contain a lot of fiber, and carbohydrates break down slower which makes you feel fuller longer. When eating out if you eat an apple before you go you will be less likely to overeat at the restaurant.
- For great overall health you must drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Water also suppresses your appetite.
- Women need to take in between 1,000-1,200 calories per day, and men should eat anywhere between 1,200-1,400. Eating the right amount of calories will promote healthy weight loss, however eating less than 800 calories a day will make your body store fat and slow down your metabolism.
- Don’t overeat. On average you should eat three or four small meals a day, with only one or two snacks. Try to eat your meals at the same time everyday, and don’t skip meals.
- Do not eat a lot of complex carbohydrates (pasta, rice, bread, potatoes) in the evening. Try not to eat after 8 p.m. because it is harder for your body to break this food down.
- Always carry a healthy snack with you in the car. Try to eat at the dinner table. People tend to overeat when they are sitting in front of the television.
You can make low-fat and other substitutions like using olive oil instead of butter and other cooking oils. Nonfat yogurt can take the place of buttermilk, and you can always use egg whites instead of the whole egg.
Buy organic fruits and vegetables if possible. Conventional and canned foods have higher calories and fewer nutrients, and are exposed to pesticides, hormones and other environmental additives.
Eat skinless chicken and turkey. Always trim off the excess fat.
Try to stay away from a lot of pasta, cereal, rice, and bread. People eat too much of this type of food.
You can always drink organic soy milk instead of regular milk. It is better for you because it contains more nutrients and has no animal fat.
You should not consume more then 20 calories of condiments per serving and only have three servings per day.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification
Modifying your lifestyle is the first line of treatment for obesity. The most important message is that weight loss medications are most effective when you combine them with a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity. When you take weight loss medication, you will lose some weight, but your lifestyle change is what will make your weight loss more effective.
Two ways to have healthy lifestyle modifications are: to keep a daily food log because it helps you to see what you have eaten and the quantity that you have eaten, and it also shows you your areas of weakness, and also to increase your physical activity.
From 1999-2000 studies show that about 65 percent of Americans age 20 and older are overweight and 31 percent of those were obese.
Some Weight loss Supplements
Hoodia – is a natural appetite suppressant which aids in weight loss. It is a bitter tasting cactus like plant that comes from the Kalahari Desert in southern Africa. It was used to ward off hunger during long trips. Hoodia is all natural. Hoodia makes your brain think you are full so that you don’t overeat. The way Hoodia works for you depends on your body. The change may be immediate or it may take several weeks. Hoodia has no known side effects. Hoodia is very safe. It gives you a reduced interest in food, you feel full quicker, and there is a delay after you have eaten till you get hungry again. Hoodia may reduce your food intake by up to hundreds of calories a day.
Coleus Forte – an herbal supplement made from the root of Coleus forskohlii, a member of the mint family. This product has been clinically shown to help the body lose weight. Coleus extract helps the body maintain healthy weight by preventing weight gain. This product is for anybody, whether you are slightly overweight or 50 pounds overweight. Sensible eating and exercise are important as with any other program.
Green Tea Extract – green tea replaces the caffeine component of ephedrine.
Green tea may also be a glucose regulator, which means that it slowly raises the blood sugar after a meal. It is a very powerful antioxidant. It increases the metabolic rate which gives better calorie burn.